Select Page

You might be wondering what has been happening here for the past week. Funny headers, new designs,few posts…..

After attending the Australian Blogging Conference and listening to Duncan on design for advertising I decided look at changing my theme. This seemed to be a good thing to do, especially as I has been having a lot of plug-in conflicts with the Nigarila theme.

Wrong : Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should!

Well have I had fun and frustration?

Initially I decided to use Michael Pollack’s Solostream design Suhweet 1.0. I thought I would go for 2 columns either side, this would be a good change and several people I got to look T IT thought it suited the blog. Everything was looking good, until what I was seeing on my computers, was not what the world was seeing. No matter what I did, The header was out of alignment.

Over the weekend I played with a few other themes as I found I preferred the current trend of 2 columns on the right.I have settled on Silhouette 1.0. . This time I did some testing on another site. I even got my banner in, something I have not been able to achieve to date, here.. I have emailed Michael to see if this is possible.

I then ran into WordPress 2.3 conflicts, Windows Live Writer, which I use to edit my posts,did not recognise the site, when I saved my post in WordPress editor I got category post errors.

WordPress database error: [Table ‘webarts_wrdp5.wp_post2cat’ doesn’t exist]
SELECT cat_ID AS ID, MAX(post_modified) AS last_mod FROM `wp_posts` p LEFT JOIN `wp_post2cat` pc ON p.ID = pc.post_id LEFT JOIN `wp_categories` c ON pc.category_id = c.cat_ID WHERE post_status = 'publish' GROUP BY cat_ID
WordPress database error: [Table ‘webarts_wrdp5.wp_post2cat’ doesn’t exist]
SELECT cat_ID AS ID, MAX(post_modified) AS last_mod FROM `wp_posts` p LEFT JOIN `wp_post2cat` pc ON p.ID = pc.post_id LEFT JOIN `wp_categories` c ON pc.category_id = c.cat_ID WHERE post_status = 'publish' GROUP BY cat_ID
Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/webarts/public_html/abundancehighway/wp-includes/wp-db.php:160) in /home/webarts/public_html/abundancehighway/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 390

Today after deactivating all of my plugins, searching around the web, reading the WordPress 2.3 Plug-in Compatibility List, posting on LinkedIn Bloggers,and finding others had the same problem, I have solved the WP 2.3 upgrade issues.

The culprits were: Google Site Map plug-in- which I had upgraded, but that made no difference, Optimal Title, Run php, and Extended PHP Widget. I have also deleted any other plug-ins I had that are not on the compatibility list.

I have learnt new skills, know more about CSS and will know better questions to ask in the future. I also will read more closely before upgrading. I will always have a test site. 🙂
With all of this remedial activity I have a lot to catch up on

Technorati Tags: Linkedin Bloggers, WordPress 2.3, Solostream