Following on from a comment I left yesterday on Floyd Craig’s Blogging for Burma that I said I would support:
His call to all Bloggers Everywhere to use Your Voice and Blog For Burma. Please place a post on your Blogs, Sites,Forums. Stop Killing Buddist Monks and Free Burma. Together we CAN make a difference. Blog For Burma and speak out about this horrific injustice. No Matter what Religion you are or What Country You Live in, Blog For Burma.
I have always admired the tenacity and spirit of Aung San Suu Kyi and the people of Burma. When Des mentioned this morning while we walking on the beach , that today was the feast of St Francis of Assisi, a man of peace, I thought this would be an appropriate time to for this prayer to be said for the monks, the nuns, Aung San Suu Kyi, the people of Burma and even the Junta, that somehow they show a glimmer of understanding and compasssion.
- Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
- where there is hatred, let me sow love;
- where there is injury, pardon;
- where there is doubt, faith;
- where there is despair, hope;
- where there is darkness, light;
- and where there is sadness, joy.
- O Divine Master,
- grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
- to be understood, as to understand;
- to be loved, as to love;
- for it is in giving that we receive,
- it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
- and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.